What Ray Sasser Has Learned About Real Estate Creative Financing in 38 Years of Investing
Ray Sasser has been investing for 38 years and he's learned a lot about real estate creative financing over that time.
In this interview, he sits down with REI BlackBook CEO and Founder, Damon Remy to share some of his most valuable lessons and how they can help you with your creative financing real estate deals:
If you're not familiar with what creative financing options are, Wikipedia defines it as such:
In real estate, creative financing is non-traditional or uncommon means of buying land or property. The goal of creative financing is generally to purchase, or finance a property, with the buyer/real estate investor using as little of his own money as possible, otherwise known as leveraging OPM (Other People's Money).
Common types of creative financing deals that bypass things like a line of credit at a traditional bank include:
- “subject to” transactions
- short sales
- lease options
- owner financing
Why Creative Financing?
If you're a real estate investor with bad credit who's likely to be turned down by a traditional lender, outside of going to a private money lender, creative financing may be your only option to purchase the property.
Not only that, but giving the seller multiple options and letting them decide which one works best for them means that your offers are much more likely to be accepted than if you were simply making a low-ball cash offer.
Need Help Putting Together Creative Financing Deals?
REI BlackBook has an incredible tool called the Multi Offer Generator that helps you structure offers for motivated sellers that get accepted at 3X – 5X the industry average. For a limited time, you can get 6 months access to the Multi Offer Generator plus a 6-part on-demand training series from MOG creator, Andy Wright.
What You Should Do Now:
- Get started with REI Blackbook for FREE: Get 14 days FREE access to our software and start converting more leads into deals.
- If you'd like to learn the exact strategies our power users are implementing to generate motivated seller leads consistently, check out our Motivated Seller Guide.
- If you'd like to learn how our team can build out your REI Blackbook system FOR you, head to our implementation page.
- If you know another real estate investor who'd enjoy reading this page, share it with them via email, Linkedin, Twitter or Facebook.
Recent Blog Posts
Get Started with REI BlackBook Today
Get started today and get 14 days free access
Without REI BlackBook we would not have gotten as far as we have as fast as we have. It is an invaluable swiss army knife for our business.
Mountain Shamrock Properties